- Copying JENKINS_HOME causes duplicate instance ids.
- Multiple masters same instance id
- Create/regenerate a new instance id.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center
- Jenkins + Nectar License plugin
If you need to duplicate a Jenkins instance by copying the entire JENKINS_HOME it will lead to duplicate instance ids. You can re-create the instance id for the new Jenkins installation by doing the following:
- Stopped the Jenkins instance.
- Delete the current secret.key file:
- Delete the license.xml file:
- Start Jenkins again.
Going to Manage Jenkins > Manage License (or JENKINS_URL/license) will display a new instance id.