- I want to create a clone from an existing
$JENKINS_HOMEfor another Jenkins instance id
- I create/regenerate a new instance id
- I am migrating my instance to a new environment
- CloudBees Core
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
If you need to duplicate a Jenkins instance by copying the entire
$JENKINS_HOME it will lead to duplicate instance ids. You can re-create the instance id for the new Jenkins installation by doing the following:
- Stop the Jenkins instance.
- Delete the current secret.key file:
- Delete the license.xml file:
- Start Jenkins again.
To get the license ID follows this article What is a CloudBees Instance ID and how do I find it?.