- When adding an agent to the master, we get following license warning message:
"You have configured 1 executors (of which 0 are currently in use), above your licensed limit of 0. Please contact CloudBees Sales for a quote on additional executors."
- Why is the agent on the master considered to be an executor? We had configured the master with 0 executors.
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM) < 2.x
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center (CJP-OC) < 2.x
If we check the licenses on the OC and CM we see:
- On OC: CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise license with 40 executors, Operations center server license with sub-licensing for 3 client masters
- On CM: Operations Center managed CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise license with 0 dedicated executors
If you would like to have dedicated executors then you need to change your license strategy. You can find all types in the link below:
If you have fixed dedicated executors, just select
License (fixed dedicated executors).
If your license only have X executors, it means that you should only declare X executors in total on your agents. It is the same if you build, or not, in parallel. The important thing is the global number you have declared - even if you don’t use them.
"You have configured 42 executors (of which 0 are currently in use), above your licensed limit of 5. Please contact CloudBees Sales for a quote on additional executors."
According with the message you have declared 42, but you can only declare 5.