- When adding a slave to the master, we get following license warning message:??
"You have configured 1 executors (of which 0 are currently in use), above your licensed limit of 0. Please contact CloudBees Sales for a quote on additional executors."
- Why is the slave on the master considered to be an executor? We had configured the master with 0 executors.
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM) < 2.x
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center (CJP-OC) < 2.x
If we check the licenses on the OC and CM we see:
- On OC: CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise license with 40 executors, Operations center server license with sub-licensing for 3 client masters
- On CM: Operations Center managed CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise license with 0 dedicated executors
If you would like to have dedicated executors then you need to change your license strategy. You can find all types in the link below:
If you have fixed dedicated executors, just select
License (fixed dedicated executors).
If your license only have X??executors, it means that you should only declare X??executors in total on your agents. It is the same if you build, or not, in parallel. The important thing is the global number you have declared - even if you don’t use them.
"You have configured 42 executors (of which 0 are currently in use), above your licensed limit of 5. Please contact CloudBees Sales for a quote on additional executors."
According with the message you have declared 42, but you can only declare 5.