- Pipeline job hangs
- Pipeline job cannot be terminated from the UI
This article describes how to collect the minimum required information for troubleshooting pipeline jobs hangs issues.
If the required data is bigger than 50 MB you will not be able to use ZenDesk to upload all the information. On this case we would like to encourage you to use our upload service in order to attach all the required information.
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client controller (CJP-CM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed controller (CJE-MM)
- Operating System: Linux, Windows
- Time around the issue is exposed
- A support bundle created when the issue is exposed
- The name of the pipeline job which is in this situation
- The full build directory in the
$JENKINS_HOMEof the failed build
- In the agent side, capture the durable task directory create in the agent (something like
Grab the time around the issue is exposed so it is possible to correlate the build console logs with the Jenkins master logs when the issue is exposed. Ideally, you will be using the Timestamper plugin so the build console logs appear with a timestamp per line.
A support bundle from the problematic instance ideally when the issue is happening, or in the worst case, right after the issue is exposed. Please, follow the KB below in case you don’t know how to generate a support bundle.
Take a note with the pipeline build which is hanging. In case there are several pipeline jobs hanging, we suggest that you grab a couple of names.
Check the build number which is failing and access to the
$JENKINS_HOME to collect the full build directory of the failed build. It is not needed all the build directories.
Access to the agent file system and grab the durable task folder for the hang build. i.e