- How to make GitHub trigger Freestyle jobs or Pipelines in Jenkins.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- DEV@cloud (D@C)
- Jenkins LTS
A. Plugin Configuration
B. Job Configuration
In the Job configuration, one of the following
Build Triggers needs to be selected :
For Freestyle and Pipeline jobs
- For PUSH events:
GitHub hook trigger for GITScm polling(in the past named as
Build when a change is pushed to GitHub) by GitHub plugin
Just For Freestyle:
- For PULL REQUEST events:
Build pull requests to the repositoryby CloudBees GitHub Pull Request Builder plugin
1. CloudBees GitHub Pull Request Builder plugin plugin requires
Enable Git validated merge support enabled.
2. Both triggers can be selected together if it was needed in a Freestyle project. However
Build pull requests to the repository trigger option is not available for Pipeline jobs. As a workaround, use Multibranch Pipeline and restrict the branch to build in Advanced options >
Include branches to just the master (a
Jenkinsfile in the master branch of the repo is needed).
Manage hooks is enabled (Automatic mode) webhooks are generated after you
Save the configuration of the job with the right triggers.
C. Validate GitHub WebHook
Make sure post-receive hooks has been created on GitHub at the Repository specify in the SCM configuration of the job as follows:
If the post-receive hooks are not there, please review this Troubleshooting guide
Tested products/plugins version
The latest update of this article was tested with: