Agents Protocols: Recommended setup (default in 2.73.1+)
- JNLP4 – NIO, encrypted via TLS
- Ping – test protocol
- OC Protocol 2 – NIO, encryption
B - Disable
Enable CLI over Remoting see Remoting Connection Mode
C - Do not use Maven Integration Plugin
D - Enable Slave To Master Access Control
Depending on the Agent Operation System:
B - Windows: Use JNLP + winsw
- Configuration: as described on Windows JNLP Agents try to reconnect periodically.
- Other considerations: (1) There is a flag, which allows to install the service in the interactive mode. (2) When you launch Jenkins agents on a 64bit Windows, make sure your Windows service uses 64bit Java as an executable. Otherwise you may experience issues with runaway processes as described here.
Number of executors
Usually it is recommended to set less than (Ncores-1) executors, but it greatly depends on the use-cases and job types. For instance, use single-shot 1-executor engines where possible, e.g. in Clouds, however, for more classic “bare-metal” machines and jump-hosts it is a bad idea.
- Agent Monitoring Versions This plugin offers two Node Monitors: one for the version of the Remoting library, and one for the JVM. This helps be aware and possibility automatically disconnect agents that don’t comply to configuration and avoid issues. Note: JVM Version > Enable
disconnect Agent when incompatibility is found
- Percentage Disk Space Node Column Plugin This plugin shows the percentage of disk space usage column on “Manage Nodes” page.