A SCM WebHook is not working as expected.
This article describes how to collect the minimum required information for troubleshooting SCM Webhook issues.
If the required data is bigger than 20 MB you will not be able to use ZenDesk to upload all the information. On this case we would like to encourage you to use our upload service in order to attach all the required information.
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team
- SCM WebHook: Bitbucket OR GitHub
- Screenshot of the WebHook configuration in Bitbucket OR GitHub
- Dedicated Loggers
- Support Bundle
- Job Description
- If applicable, the branch indexing logs
- If applicable, GitHub plugin configuration
Create a dedicated logger depending on the Source Code Management selected for the job.
For Jenkins for non-multibranch jobs
Support Bundle generated after adding logging and reproducing the issue. Please, follow the KB below in case you don’t know how to generate a support bundle.
- What is a support bundle and how to create one, please make sure to include
Jenkins Global Configuration File (Encrypted secrets are redacted). Otherwise, please attach GitHub/Bitbucket plugin configuration (endpoints, …) as follows:
$JENKINS_HOME/github-plugin-configuration.xml is needed.
$JENKINS_HOME/com.cloudbees.jenkins.plugins.bitbucket.endpoints.BitbucketEndpointConfiguration.xml is needed.
config.xml of the Jenkins job (for multibranch/organization folder, we need the
config.xml of the multibranch/organization project)
Just For multibranch jobs, after reproducing the issue, copy into a
txt file the output for:
- Multibranch: Scan Multibranch Pipeline Log and Multibranch Pipeline Events
- Organization/Team: Scan Organization Log and Organization Events