- I would like to get assistance in upgrading my instance
This article describes how to collect the minimum required information for planning an upgrade.
If the required data is bigger than 20 MB you will not be able to use ZenDesk to upload all the information. In this case we would like to encourage you to use our upload service in order to attach all the required information.
IMPORTANT : Origin and Destination Product and Packaging must be the same. Otherwise, it is consider a Migration but not an Upgrade.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center (CJE-OC)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center (CJP-OC)
We need to understand where your instance is coming from and where is moving towards. For it, please provide us with:
- Support Bundle from the Jenkins instance you wish to upgrade
- Infrastructure description
- Backup strategy
- Test Environment
- Upgrade Plan
Please, follow the KB below in case you don’t know how to generate a support bundle.
We are especially interested in verifying:
- Source Version
- Jenkins ID
- Jenkins JDK
- Operation System
- Customised plugins
- Subscription type
In the case you are planning to upgrade your Master as well as Operation Center, please provide us the support bundle for CJP-OC and each of of your CJP-CMs.
For CJE, please provide us the CJE Support bundle.
- Do you have a High Availability setup?
- Other Infrastructure elements/devices to consider: Load Balancer, Proxy, etc
- How often do you take a backup?
- Where is it stored?
- When was the last time you tested it?
- For CJP environments, this is ideally a full test environment with a CJOC and client masters. This will require a
test license. But if this isn’t feasible, just having a test master with representative jobs is better than nothing.
- For CJE environments, there is ideally a sanboxed CJE environment. Alternatively, this could be a test managed master which could be upgraded before other managed masters.
- Target Version you wish to upgrade according to CloudBees Release Notes
- Timing: When are you planning to upgrade?