- I have a new instance of Jenkins and want to migrate credentials from an old instance.
- CJP Client Master (CJPCM)
- CJP Operations Center (CJPOC)
- Credentials Plugin
Case A - Root Level
1. Stop new and old Jenkins instances.
2. Delete file
3. Copy secret files and folder from
$OLD_JENKINS_HOME/secret* to the new
cp -R $OLD_JENKINS_HOME/secret* $NEW_JENKINS_HOME
credentials.xml file from
$OLD_JENKINS_HOME/credentials.xml to the
cp $OLD_JENKINS_HOME/credentials.xml $NEW_JENKINS_HOME
5. Finally, restart the new instance. Note that
identity.key.enc should be regenerated on the new instance.
Case B - User and Folder Level
Credentials at User and Folder level are embedded in their respective
config.xml so the recommended way to do it is by Migrating Entire Jenkins Configuration, Including Jobs.