- Our git connections are failing but the error does not give enough information
- We need to see the process to connect to our git server
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
- Git plugin
Command line git debug output can be enabled with environment variables. They can be job parameters or agent environment variables, and will show more details of the ssh/http/https operations performed by git.
These environment variables will enable the verbose output of git.
GIT_TRACE=1 GIT_TRACE_PERFORMANCE=1 GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1 GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -vvv"
In some cases you may want to temporarily disable the verification of SSL certificates. We recommend that you do not disable SSL certificate verification permanently. Without SSL certificate verification, your git client is vulnerable to “man in the middle” attacks. Command line git ssl verification can be disabled by the environment variable: