- I am new to Jenkins Pipeline. What’s the best way to get familiar with Pipeline, and what’s the best approach to get started and create new Pipeline projects?
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- Jenkins LTS
Please read The Need for Jenkins Pipeline for a high-level overview which includes some illustrations. This might be especially useful if you wish to present Pipeline to your application team(s), your engineers, or other internal groups and end users (e.g. “customers”) of your application.
There are 2 types of syntax:
Much of the functionality, features, and some great examples of Jenkins Pipeline can be found in the Pipeline Book, there you will find that Creating your first Pipeline is a great starting point. Having done that, you can move to more advanced use cases in the tutorial page.
If you are looking for details regarding the various pieces which make up Jenkins Pipeline, that can be found on the Pipeline Plugin page, and there’s a pretty good README page. Besides, there is a repo which contains Pipeline examples that can be used.
We offer to CloudBees customers a set of pipeline training courses/labs. Please contact your CSM.